Re: New module proposal: tracker

Martyn Russell schrieb:
On 27/10/09 03:34, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 4:08 PM, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net
<mailto:ak-47 gmx net>> wrote:

    Am Dienstag, den 18.08.2009, 13:05 +0100 schrieb Martyn Russell:
     > I would like to propose Tracker as a new GNOME module.

    The GNOME release-team will soon decide about module inclusions for
    GNOME 2.30.

    To the GNOME developers:
If you have not commented yet, if there is anything to add, if you have
    questions to the maintainer: Please comment now.

I have one comment and I think from a marketing perspective, I would
like to see that we are on par with the other desktops. OSX has
spotlight, and I believe windows has winfs or at least it has something
built in.  We are doing ourselves no favors when we are not feature
complete against other desktops.

Carlos Garnacho and I did spend 2 or 3 days writing an application similar to spotlight - although it is just a quick mock up to demonstrate the speed and ability of Tracker and could do with some more love. The blog/video about it is here:

  http://blogs.gnome.org/mr/2009/09/30/tracker-0-7-released/

Looks very much like Deskbar-Appplet in the very early days to me. You might just want to write a module for Deskbar.

--
Greetings,
Sebastian Pölsterl