Re: New module proposal: tracker

On 27/10/09 10:06, John Carr wrote:
Hi,

Maemo platform (I may have missed some cases):

  * Calendar
  * Bookmarks
  * Image Viewer
  * Media Player
  * Instant Messaging (I think)

Could you expand on what this means?Is tracker being used as the
primary store for calendar in Maemo now? Or is it just indexing the
calendar. Etc.

No it isn't just indexing the calendar.

For the desktop:

  * Totem - http://blogs.gnome.org/mr/2009/10/07/tracker-totem/
  * Evolution
  * File system (of course)
  * Applications (desktop files)

Here its just acting as an indexer and putting stuff in the RDF store,
right? And consuming data in totems case?

Yes all except the Totem application use libtracker-miner APIs and feed data to the database.

Totem makes use of this data.
GTK+ file chooser makes use of this data.
Nautilus makes use of this data.

If you include our in house applications, the tracker-search-bar and tracker-search-tool also use the data.

In the works:

  * Zeitgeist
  * Photo management application - work done by Debarshi Ray
  * Epiphany developers were looking into using it - progress unknown.
  * We have a branch we are currently looking into merging with web
    application support (facebook, flickr, twitter, etc) - work done
    by Adrien Bustany (GSoC student).

The web miners are awesome.

:) Yea

--