Re: New module proposal: Clutter core

On Tue, 2009-10-27 at 00:07 +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:
> Am Montag, den 10.08.2009, 16:37 +0100 schrieb Emmanuele Bassi:
> > I'm proposing to move Clutter (core) from the external dependencies to
> > the Desktop modules.
>
> The GNOME release-team will soon decide about module inclusions for
> GNOME 2.30.
>
> To the GNOME developers:
> If you have not commented yet, if there is anything to add, if you have
> questions to the maintainer: Please comment now.
>
> To the maintainers who have proposed a module or a new dependency:
> If there have been changes/improvements/fixes compared to when this
> module was proposed: Mention them.
> Also see http://live.gnome.org/ReleasePlanning/ModuleProposing again.

Clutter 1.1.2, the first developer snapshot towards the 1.2 stable cycle
has been release last Friday:

  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-announce-list/2009-October/msg00066.html

I've also started pushing tarballs on download.gnome.org, as well as
clutter-project.org, and Frederic Peters has pushed the API reference on
library.gnome.org.

the 1.1.2 release adds:

  • API for writing layout managers, plus some layout manager classes
  • clean ups in the low-level API
  • work towards making the Text actor play nicely with Input Methods
  • improvements in the documentation, and annotations fixes for the
    introspection data generation
  • use AM_SILENT_RULES if Automake 1.11 is found, otherwise fall back
    to Shave
  • many bug fixes

the plan for releasing 1.2.0 remains the same: end of January/beginning
of February 2010, following the GNOME schedule.

we're still working on various features, like ARGB stages; texture
caching and atlasing; drag and drop interfaces; scrollable actors
interfaces; extension points for modules.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.