Pidgin users, and GNOME developers?

Heya,

nautilus-sendto ships with support for Pidgin to send files.

Given that Pidgin developers don't want to ship the nautilus-sendto
plugin:
http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/10371#comment:2
and that I don't use pidgin at all, I'm looking for help.

If you use Pidgin enough to test changes you'd make to the
nautilus-sendto plugin, I'd appreciate if somebody could do the work to:
- port the nautilus-sendto plugin to use the Pidgin D-Bus API
- remove the Pidgin plugin that allows nautilus-sendto to talk to it
- Fix the few bugs relating to Pidgin:
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=nautilus-sendto&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&component=pidgin

If nobody steps up to the plate, I'll have no qualms in removing the
plugin altogether before the 2.30 release.

Cheers

PS: The empathy plugin has been merged into empathy's master branch
today, if that gives anybody incentives...