Re: Would this be a break?

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 1:41 PM, Lennart Poettering <mztabzr 0pointer de> wrote:
> (BTW, the very few exceptions I mentioned above are probably IM and
> email notifications. Many people receive such a high volume of
> emails/IMs that it is probably a good idea to allow them to disable
> these sounds in the application)

Or, assuming they were tagged, perhaps Pulse/GNOME Volume could have
separate settings for the types of sound events?  Disabling window
manager events, but keeping Communication events, etc.

Since Pulse controls the event volumes and sound-tagging, Pulse is in
a good position to make that discrimination consistently among all
applications that would support stream tagging.