Re: Module Proposal: GNOME Shell

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 5:29 AM, Paul Cutler <pcutler gnome org> wrote:

I think Alberto's idea of reaching out to nVidia is a great idea - if we
can clearly communicate our needs to them it can't hurt to ask.  I'd be
willing to help reach out to them if needed.

Maybe I missed it but why are we only concentrating on Nvidia?  Are ATI graphics cards okay vis-a-vis xrand support and others on free drivers?  What about Intel?  The foundation should probably take a holistic approach to this issue if we want a uniform experience for GNOME 3.

I agree this is probably a good course of action.

sri