Re: Module Proposal: Zeitgeist

On 22 April 2010 00:01, Johannes Schmid <jhs jsschmid de> wrote:
> Hi!
>

>> Resource usage:
>> Bug tracker: http://bugs.launchpad.net/zeitgeist
>> VCS: http://code.launchpad.net/zeitgeist
>> Releases: http://launchpad.net/zeitgeist/+download
>
> According to http://live.gnome.org/ReleasePlanning/ModuleProposing:
> "Use of GNOME resources: Modules must use GNOME FTP for releases.
> Modules ought to use GNOME Bugzilla and GNOME Git (there had better be a
> very good reason for not doing so, such as freedesktop.org hosted
> libraries designed to be used by both GNOME and KDE)."
>
> What are your plans? Same probably applies for i18n (damned-lies).

We don't have any concrete plans. However moving our tarballs to GNOME
FTP should pose no problem at all, likewise for i18n. Since we are
talking daemons here i18n is not a big part of the project.

As for VCS and bug tracking it'll be quite a lot more work on our part
if we should move. I don't think anyone in the team is directly
opposed to the idea, but it's more the fact that it would be a major
inconvenience. We make heavy use of Launchpad's branc/review features
and integration with blueprints and bugs. Of course we can replace
this with a hand held combination of bugzilla and wikipages, but it
would be a major change in our workflow.

Perhaps an unholy alliance of bzr-git and Launchpad's git-import
feature can make all parts happy (at least vcs-wise)? I will take a
look at this when I have the time.

--
Cheers,
Mikkel