Re: new module proposal: gobject-introspection

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 4:13 PM, Colin Walters <walters verbum org> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 7:22 PM, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) <zeenix gmail com> wrote:
>>  Talking of namespaces, is it correct that gir does not allow
>> multiple libs to share a namespace? If so, that could be bigger issue
>> than not supporting nested namespaces AFAICT.
>
> You want two shared objects which just get blended into the same GI namespace?

  Namespace, yes; gi/typelib file, preferably not. I was pointing-out
the one-to-one mapping of namespace to gi/typelibe files which could
be a problem in certain cases (see below).

> That's actually trivial, the shared-library attribute takes a comma separated
> list.
>
> We were actually using this for a while to implement C "overrides",
> where importing Gtk would pull in libgtk-x11-2.0.so and libgtk-addons.so.
> We've long since moved to just using gtk directly however now that C
> accessors exist for all of the widget flags, etc.
>
> But nothing stops one from using this facility now if you want it.  Just
> pass --library multiple times to the scanner.

   If I understood you correctly, that would work if the libraries are
in the same (source) package? Is there a way to accomplish the same
for libraries in separate packages?

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)