Re: GNOME 2.91.4 build issues

Hey,

Quick update:

Le jeudi 23 décembre 2010, à 20:01 +0100, Vincent Untz a écrit :
>  + I need to test latest gnome-packagekit & evince tarball, but they
>    should build fine now.

Works fine.

>  + latest empathy doesn't build with latest gnome-keyring:
> gcr-simple-certificate.c:122:1: error: conflicting types for ‘gcr_simple_certificate_new’
> /gnome/releases/usr/include/gcr-3/gcr/gcr-simple-certificate.h:57:21: note: previous declaration of ‘gcr_simple_certificate_new’ was here
>    Apparently, some code was pasted from gnome-keyring and since they
>    share the same prefix...

Not fixed. Potential blocker.

>  + yelp doesn't build with gtk+ 2.91.7, but Shaun is on it.

Fixed.

>  + latest gnome-settings-daemon is using some API removed in GTK+
>    2.91.7, but nobody noticed until we tried using it. Cosimo is on it.

Got fixed, but see below.

>  + we need a new GTK+ 2.23 release (or we'll use an old one). The
>    current one needs a fix from git. Without it, gnome-panel doesn't
>    even start.

We'll use an old GTK+ 2.23.

>  + interestingly, when there's no icon theme set by g-s-d, metacity goes
>    crazy with:
> metacity:ERROR:ui/ui.c:752:meta_ui_get_default_window_icon: assertion failed: (default_icon)

Not fixed, but not a blocker. Will file a bug tomorrow.

> That was just from a small test in xephyr. Hopefully, the gnome-shell
> side of things works better :-) Will take a look at it later.

GNOME Shell works fine, but I found various issues, and it's not
acceptable to release something with the current state. Some of those
issues might be local to my computer, but probably not all. It's too
late here to file bugs, but I'll do that tomorrow.

  + GNOME Shell doesn't start if you don't have introspection from
    gnome-bluetooth. I guess it could survive this. But no big deal.

  + gnome-settings-daemon crashes if the media-keys plugin is enabled
    (which is the case by default). Disabling it in gsettings works.

  + after login, the wallpaper is drawn after a few seconds, and then
    becomes black. It's fine again if I start nautilus. I'm not sure
    what is to blame here (g-s or g-s-d?)

  + probably a theming issue: tabs are not drawn where they should be.
    They're drawn something like 50px or 100px below.

  + GtkSpinButtons don't have the "down" arrow, and make the app crash
    if I try to use the "up" arrow. I quickly looked at the stack trace,
    and it looked like it was possibly related to the theming engine.

  + there's a general issue with starting launchers: most (all?) don't
    work in gnome-shell, and if I go to $prefix/share/applications in
    nautilus, I can't launch them either. I've no idea why this is
    happening, though, and it could well be a local issue.

  + dconf-editor crashes when I go in /desktop/gnome/interface

Those are the visible issues I met after playing a bit.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.