Re: application indicators

On 02/18/2010 07:32 PM, Colin Walters wrote:
But, do we agree that it makes sense for this to be in GTK+ (at least
under #ifdef X11)?  Ted seemed to say "maybe".    If we agree roughly
on that, then do we want a cycle where we port a bunch of apps and
components to use libappindicator, only to change it again when it
moves in GTK+?

If I understand things correctly, GTK+ could be able to provide a default implementation for app indicators that rely on GtkStatusIcons, couldn't it?

As app indicators are meant to replace somehow the notification icons, maybe the other way round would be possible? ie implementing GtkStatusIcon as a dbus-based app-indicator.

Regards,
Steve