Re: External Dependency Proposal: libappindicator

On Fri, 2010-02-19 at 11:00 +0100, Frederic Peters wrote:
> > I would like to propose libappindicator as an external dependency.
> > libappindicator is a simple library that provides a way for an
> > application to put a menu inside an application specific area, most
> > typically on a panel.  It also provides a fallback to generic KDE Status
> > Notifier Item and Notification Area protocols.
> >
> > Webpage:  http://launchpad.net/indicator-application
> > Design:
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopExperienceTeam/ApplicationIndicators
> > Tarballs: https://launchpad.net/indicator-application/+download
> > License:  LGPL v2/3
> > Bindings: Python and Mono
>
> Any plans for gobject-introspection support ?

Yes, just haven't gotten to it :(  The libindicate introspect support
broke while I wasn't looking as well.  I'll get to it (as I'm a big
introspection fan) I just wanted to list the bindings that ARE working.
There's also a patch for Vala support, but I haven't merged it in yet.

		--Ted