Re: Moduleset Reorganization -- Take two

From: "Johannes Schmid" <jhs jsschmid de>

> Hi!
>
>> Initially, for GNOME 3.0, it will be populated with the modules from the
>> GNOME 2.x Desktop moduleset. However, we would like to slowly migrate
>> some modules to the Applications moduleset.
>
> I guess everything related to accessibility will stay in "Desktop", right?

This is a good question, and I have some doubts, probably because in
some cases there are a thin line between "Core Desktop" and
"Applications"

I guess that in this proposal modules like at-spi2-atk or pyatspi2
will be obviously in the "Core Desktop", as they are fundamental to
the a11y support.

But if we move forward toward the line we find Orca:
 * It is a "application" => should stay in "Applications"?
 * But it one of the basic accessibility modules => should stay in
   "Core Desktop"?

And if we keep moving forward we find Accerciser:
 * It is a "application" => should stay in "Applications"?
 * But it one of the basic accessibility modules => should stay in
   "Core Desktop"?
 * Well, yes, basic module, but for developers => additional point to
   move it to "Applications"?

Probably it is because I don't fully understand the proposal. Also if
anyone make the classification of those applications, and the reasons
for that, could be a way to understand it.

BR

===
API (apinheiro igalia com)