Re: gnome2 and gnome3: strategy of coexisting

Personally, I feel that is wrong - that kind of attitude to 2.x. It is
(not "was"!) a stable and solid foundation. While we are floating into
new and dangerous waters of 3.x (still risking getting into the
situation KDE folks had: "KDE 4.0 != KDE4"), at least we could make a
couple of small things here and there - allowing them to coexist, for
smoother transition. I know that is always a question of resources, as
usual - but if some things cost nothing, why not buy them?

Sergey

PS I am already missing 2.x. That's just my conservatism - but I know
a lot of users are like me. People like me would not mind seeing 2.34,
2.36, ...2.98, 2.100, 2.102, ... - just less bugs and a wee bit of
more features, here and there;)