Re: gnome-panel -> gtk3

On Wed, 2010-10-13 at 17:50 -0300, Jonh Wendell wrote:
> Hi, folks.
>
> Will we have a gnome-panel ported to gtk3? We need it for gnome 3 as
> fallback for gnome-shell, right?

Porting gnome-panel will be pain I think, at least when we're talking
about the bonobo applet loader plugin that is available for backwards
compatibility now. If gnome-panel is ported to gtk3, either that module
gets dropped, or it is changed to an out-of-process binary, as it
depends on libbonobo, which will never ever get ported to gtk3.