Re: GNOME Moduleset Reorganization vs. L10N

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 6:52 PM, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-10-18 at 18:11 +0300, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
>>
>> Now, having said this, I just realized a potential issue with Tx &
>> GNOME. Tx 1.0 does NOT support intltool projects which do not have a
>> POT file. More information at the following pages:
>>
>> http://help.transifex.net/user-guide/formats.html#intltool
>> http://help.transifex.net/user-guide/one-dot-zero.html#source-language-file-tracking
>
> What about documentation? We translate all of our documentation
> using po files through xml2po. Can Tx handle DocBook and Mallard
> documents translated through xml2po?

Yes, like any PO-based project:

  http://help.transifex.net/user-guide/formats.html#gettext-po-pot-files

I created a test project on Transifex* to try it out, here it is:

  http://test.transifex.net/projects/p/gnome-testing/resource/hig/

If you have credentials on transifex.net, you can try the web-based
translation editor on the above URL by logging in and clicking on one
of the table rows.

-d

* Here's how the project was registered

$ sudo easy_install transifex-client
$ tx init
http://test.transifex.net/projects/p/gnome-testing/
$ tx set_source_file C/hig.pot
$ tx set_translation -r hig -l de de/de.po
$ tx push
(translate on Transifex)
$ tx pull
 - en: C/hig.master.pot (source)