Re: ThreePointOne: Contacts

On Tue, 2011-04-19 at 14:38 +0300, Jens Georg wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-04-19 at 13:21 +0200, daniel g. siegel wrote:
> > and right here i think we shouldn't base on bad formats (vcard) and
> > sucking protocols (syncml). using json is a much better option.
>
> Well as soon as you talk about sync, someone says device. And devices
> come with vCard.

there is no problem in providing an import function for vcards

> > see for example the desktopcouch specification for contacts
> > http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/desktopcouch/contact
>
> Looking at this - do you realise how much very much that matches the
> vCard spec? That's basically a vCard translated to JSON.
>
> Personally, I'd rather have a root canal treatment than couch db
> hammering my computer, but I like the auto-replication idea.

you are right. but i just wanted to show this as an example. personally
i am not totally happy with the specification, as there are for example
legacy items, like pager and others. but it is a good start.

--
this mail was sent using 100% recycled electrons
daniel g. siegel <dgsiegel gnome org>