Re: Musings on the contacts user experience

On Thu, 2011-04-28 at 16:20 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> I'm not sure we really want a separate people tab in the overview. I
> know it is tempting, now that we have these 'tabs', to just keep
> adding on there: places, documents, contacts, what have you... but I
> think it will lead to a clunky experience if we add a separate tab for
> each class of objects that we want to treat as important. Showing
> contacts (and documents, etc) in the search results on the other hand,
> seems like a very natural idea and makes a ton of sense.

I'm already concerned with the performance of searching and display of
many items in the overview, so I hope this is implemented smartly.

I'm not sure if the delay is in rendering the icons, or in
walking/filtering the long list of candidate matches in JavaScript,
but I have many more contacts than I do applications.

Regards,

John