Re: Where is the data?

On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 06:46:15PM +0200, Giovanni Campagna wrote:
> Still, if bug #123456 is more voted than bug #654321, it may be worth
> dedicating some more design hours to the former than to the latter,
> investigating the reasons, providing evidence, doing tests, etc.
> Then, maybe the bug will still be closed NOTABUG/WONTFIX, but it will be
> given a response proportional to the number of people reporting it.

Because voting just gets a small number of people involved, results in
distractions ("why isn't this fixed yet; has XXX votes"), only technical
users get involved and that it just is not seen by any significant
amount of users I will not enable voting. It does more harm than good.

This is also on bugzilla.mozilla.org. Most voted bug at one point had
700 or so votes. That is about 1000 times off from what I find
noteworthy.
--
Regards,
Olav