Re: Where is the data?

Il giorno sab, 20/08/2011 alle 15.48 +0100, Rui Tiago Cação Matos ha
scritto:
> On 20 August 2011 14:18, Giovanni Campagna <scampa giovanni gmail com> wrote:
> > Or we could have voting in bugzilla. I know many people are against to
> > this, but it would immediately show the hottest issue, that surely
> > require reconsideration by the design team.
>
> No. It would only tell you that a bunch of users who don't like a
> particular design decision were lured into voting on bugzilla from
> some random web forum. In particular, it wouldn't tell you *anything*
> about all the users who approve the decision or, most probably, aren't
> even aware of it because they don't spend all their time discussing
> their computer's UI.

Still, if bug #123456 is more voted than bug #654321, it may be worth
dedicating some more design hours to the former than to the latter,
investigating the reasons, providing evidence, doing tests, etc.
Then, maybe the bug will still be closed NOTABUG/WONTFIX, but it will be
given a response proportional to the number of people reporting it.

Giovanni