Re: Use git 1.6.6+ when using http

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 10:49:15AM -0500, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> On 02/17/11 10:25, Olav Vitters wrote:
> > directly linking 100+ of
> > different images to cgit on a popular website (one of our artists),
>
> Can we cache those somehow?  Or that would require a new squid layer?

Website has been disabled, so that relieves a lot of stress. Caching is
still a possible good idea as server should cope better.

I've changed some of the expire settings in cgit. We could have apache
cache this (http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/caching.html).
First waiting for the effect of the longer expire times on Google (used
to be 5min for everything, now an individual commit is set to 31 days;
others to 2 hours). Unfortunately bit difficult to set the expire times
exactly as I want it given the options provided by cgit.

Fwiw, cgit itself can also do caching, but Apache will still execute the
cgit process. Better to have the caching done by Apache IMO.

--
Regards,
Olav