Re: Question about GNOME 3.0 bindings plans

On Fri, 2011-01-21 at 18:19 +0100, Juanjo Marin wrote:
> AFAIK, one of the cornerstone components of GNOME 3 is GObject
> Introspection. I'd like to know which libraries are supposed to
> support GObject Introspection.

http://live.gnome.org/GnomeGoals/AddGObjectIntrospectionSupport has a
list, not necessarily up-to-date.

> Another question is which bindings/language will be officially endorsed
> by the GNOME project.

The new, yet-to-release developer.gnome.org will focus on C, C++,
Python, Javascript, and Vala.

> Being an outsider to the binding stuff, the information I've found is
> pretty confusing. For example, the relationship between PyGi/PObject
> Introspection and PyGTK.

See the header of http://live.gnome.org/PyGTK .

HTH,
andre