Re: Question about GNOME 3.0 bindings plans

Thanks for the quick reply

On Fri, 2011-01-21 at 18:31 +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:
> > AFAIK, one of the cornerstone components of GNOME 3 is GObject
> > Introspection. I'd like to know which libraries are supposed to
> > support GObject Introspection.
>
> http://live.gnome.org/GnomeGoals/AddGObjectIntrospectionSupport has a
> list, not necessarily up-to-date.

OK, so it seems _all_ the GNOME APIs will have GObject Introspection
support.

> > Another question is which bindings/language will be officially endorsed
> > by the GNOME project.
>
> The new, yet-to-release developer.gnome.org will focus on C, C++,
> Python, Javascript, and Vala.

So does this mean that all the APIs will have bindings for C++, Python,
Javascript and Vala ?  [Sorry if this ia a stupid question]

Are all these bindings will be gobject introspected bindings ?

> > Being an outsider to the binding stuff, the information I've found is
> > pretty confusing. For example, the relationship between PyGi/PObject
> > Introspection and PyGTK.
>
> See the header of http://live.gnome.org/PyGTK .

OK, so PyGTK is the depecrated binding of the GTK+ library. It has been
dropped in favor of PyObject. So...

- From http://live.gnome.org/PyGObject I've got it includes the
GLib/GObject/GIO Python bindings
- http://live.gnome.org/PyGTK means it includes the GTK+ bindings
- What about other GNOME stack elements, it is taken by granted you have
bindings ?

TIA,

  -- Juanjo Marin