Re: Enabling GConf-over-DBus in GNOME 3.2 jhbuild

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 2:14 PM, Ross Burton <ross burtonini com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So the DBus port of GConf landed recently and there haven't been any
> totally serious problems reported so far... would anyone object if I
> changed jhbuild to use --disable-orbit in the GNOME 3.2 suites?

The general principle I see here is that we want partial builds to
work on at least the most recently released versions of widely-used[1]
distros.  So check whether they work in this configuration?  In this
case, that'd be new libgconf talking to system gconfd.

[1] If unsure, take whatever the people working on GNOME you know use