Re: install-module / ftp.gnome.org / master.gnome.org

Hi,

On 02/03/11 10:50, Olav Vitters wrote:
>  - gzip/bz2/lzma compression; lzma only?

As has been said:

lzma is deprecated in favor of xz, so it should be gzip/bz2/xz. There's no point
in going to lzma anymore.

>From a Debian POV, we can't upload .xz upstream tarballs yet (dpkg supports it,
but the ftp-masters don't allow it), though most likely that will change soon.

So .bz2 & .xz would be preferred for us to avoid recompressing tarballs. But we
can do that if you decide to only support .xz, until we can upload those to the
archive.

Cheers,
Emilio