Re: GNOME 3.2 ideas and plans

Le mardi 22 mars 2011 à 17:13 +0100, Alexander Larsson a écrit :
> It would be nice to have some level of integration with web
> applications
> in the desktop. For instance, I would like to update my facebook
> status
> or tweet easily via the user status menu in the shell. I would also
> like
> facebook message notification with the message tray, and facebook chat
> support.

For these points:
- I see, in Gnome Planet, that a Gnome-Contact-Center is planned for
Gnome 3.2. This app may get status of your contact in Twitter, FaceBook,
etc, and notify you by message tray.
- For integration in shell, I think it's better to integrate it like
Empathy is: The user-menu is only to indicate your state (available or
busy) and using an icon in persistent message tray. And Pino can manage
your accounts and messages.
- As Will Thompson say, Facebook chat is already supported by Empathy.

> And I'm sure there are many other small integration points that may be
> useful:
> * Easily share pictures on flickr/facebook/etc

Supported by Shotwell. I don't know for Nautilus.

> It would also be cool if we had some set of web-services of our own
> that
> we could integrate with, like:
>
> * Easy on-web filestore integrated with everything
> * Syncing of preferences and bookmarks to my.gnome.org

I see that a panel for OnLine accounts is planed. (they have design)
For syncing, I think it would be cool if Gnome have a modular a
Framework for syncing like Open Sync[1]. After that, we can simply use
the UI of Conduit.

Regards

[1] http://www.opensync.org/
--