Re: no external panels for gnome-control-center [was GNOME Feature Proposal: Backup]

Il giorno Fri, 13/05/2011 alle 18.26 +0100, Bastien Nocera ha scritto:

> The correct way to behave then is to work on the search backends, not to
> complain here.

You have misinterpreted my words; It wasn't a complain for that specific
events, it was an example (but I suppose we could cite/find others)
about how upstream could be slow to accept some changes. Or refuse, but
this is a different story...

> /Bastien, kernel, udev and X.org contributor because fixing things
> properly is important

Sorry, I don't understand how this "pedigree" could be useful here. Are
you saying a proper solution to search feature will need changes in
kernel too? :)