Re: ctr-del to delete a file

Le jeudi 19 mai 2011 à 11:54 -0400, Cosimo Cecchi a écrit :
> Hey Xavier,
>
> this is not going to be reverted in 3.0.x. Note that you can still
> change this manually back to Del, as Nautilus still supports editable
> accels (even though there's a bug [1], which I want to fix for 3.0.2, if
> you do that).

Why can't this be reverted for 3.0.x? I understand a proper solution
can't be made before 3.2, that's why I'm asking to revert the ctr-del
behavior for now.

I don't really care changing the accels for myself, I know it is
ctr-del. I'm just astonished that this change as been made in the last
minute in GNOME3 with apparently no consensus and no indication to
users. Users can only assume GNOME3 can't delete files, ctr-del is
impossible to discover without reading bugzilla.

> We might reconsider this choice in 3.2, once Undo support has hopefully
> landed, but in the meanwhile I find it really impolite you're screaming
> out loud here, as you surely know there are more appropriate channels to
> reach the Nautilus maintainers. Starting flames is not cool.

So you change a 10 years old behavior, you wait 6months for people to
learn it the hard way, then will change it again? Don't you think users
could have waited 6 more months to have directly the proper solution?

Regards,
Xavier Claessens.