Re: systemd as external dependency

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 10:37 AM, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:

> Can we list exactly what we expect to work for the features we
> need? That way, if anybody wants to do the porting work, they
> know exactly what they need to do.

I've already pointed this out http://live.gnome.org/PortabilityMatrix
which can be taken as a starting point. It can certainly be improved
upon, but there should be no illusion that writing a 'how to port
gnome to your OS in 10 easy steps' manual will be a huge undertaking,
for very modest gain, and it will be more or less outdated fairly
soon. And it is extra work that distracts from the core mission:
writing something that actually works, and is awesome.