Re: systemd as external dependency

On Fri, 2011-05-20 at 10:49 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 10:37 AM, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:
>
> > Can we list exactly what we expect to work for the features we
> > need? That way, if anybody wants to do the porting work, they
> > know exactly what they need to do.
>
> I've already pointed this out http://live.gnome.org/PortabilityMatrix
> which can be taken as a starting point. It can certainly be improved
> upon, but there should be no illusion that writing a 'how to port
> gnome to your OS in 10 easy steps' manual will be a huge undertaking,
> for very modest gain, and it will be more or less outdated fairly
> soon. And it is extra work that distracts from the core mission:
> writing something that actually works, and is awesome.

I didn't suggest a lengthy tutorial or a support matrix. Just
a list of interfaces we use. It takes some work, but it doesn't
have to take nearly as much work as you're suggesting.

1. "I need sd_foo_interface to implement foo feature"
2. Write code
3. git commit && git push origin master
4. echo sd_foo_interface >> http://live.gnome.org/Interfaces

--