Re: desktop files

Le vendredi 25 novembre 2011 à 12:54 +0000, Patrick Welche a écrit :
> I hope this is the right list...
>
> My question is essentially "where should desktop files be installed?"
>
> http://developer.gnome.org/integration-guide/stable/desktop-files.html.en
> suggests /usr/share/applications  or ~.local/share/applications
Actually, you should use /usr/share/applications if you're installing
your app to /usr, /usr/local/share/applications if you're installing it
to /usr/local, and ~/.local/share/applications if you're installing it
to ~. These come from the default values recommended in the Base
Directory Specification[1], and defined in the Desktop Menu
Specification [2][3].

This applies to applications that should be made visible to the user.

> however if you want your at-spi daemon to start,
>
> etc/xdg/autostart/at-spi-dbus-bus.desktop
>
> might be a good place.
These OTC should be used when you want your program to start on login.
The same rules as above apply: use /etc/xdg/autostart/ for installs
to /usr, and ~/.config/autostart for installs to ~. This is defined in
the Desktop Application Autostart Specification [4].

Hope this helps.

1: http://standards.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/latest/
2: http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/latest/apc.html
3: http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/latest/apcs02.html