Re: Boxes and 3.4

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 5:37 PM, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
<zeeshanak gnome org> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>   As most of you know, we proposed Boxes for 3.4 and from what I can
> tell, there were no big objections in the end. There was then the
> question of us actually delivering in time. As seen on planet GNOME
> not long after that, we delivered the first release which was included
> in 3.3.2. There is still a long way ahead to make Boxes the awesome
> app that we all would like it to be but to ensure that Boxes is in
> good enough shape for 3.4 inclusion in time, we would like to know a
> few things:
>
> * which features exactly are must?
> * is the plan to keep vinagre in 3.4 alongside boxes?
> * is Boxes going to be a 'preview' feature in 3.4 like Documents was in 3.2?

First of all, congratulations on getting a respectable first release out !

I don't think vinagre is going away anytime soon (if ever), so
focussing on the vm aspects in boxes for 3.4 over the remote
connection parts might be a smart choice. I don't know if adding a
'preview' qualifier to the feature really adds much clarity. Our 3.4
announcement should clearly document what boxes has to offer then, and
what's still in planning/development. That will hopefully carry the
message that boxes is a promising, new app and not fully grown yet.

It would be a great goal to be able to run gnome 3.4 images inside
boxes in gnome 3.4.

Matthias