Re: Confused about the release

On Thu, 2011-09-01 at 11:25 +0200, Frederic Peters wrote:
> Shaun wrote:
> >> I noticed that we have Contacts, Documents, and Sushi in the
> >> apps moduleset. If shipped, all of these are just core parts
> >> of the desktop experience, so I want to document them in the
> >> desktop help. But I'm wary of doing that for modules in apps.
>
> Documents will just be a preview release, it shows the direction,
> nothing more, nothing less, I don't think it's worth including it in
> the desktop help for 3.2. On the other hand the features provided by
> Contacts and Sushi certainly have their place in the help.

Thanks. We'll update the help accordingly.

> Apart of those, other new help topics could be colour management,

We already have 21 topics on color management, thanks to Richard.

> onscreen keyboard, and support for tablets.

Is there more information on what all "support for tablets" means?
I suppose the onscreen keyboard is relevant for tablet users, as
well as being an accessibility feature. What else?

> I hope this answers your question, we are really sorry to provide you
> this info so late in the cycle, we are still commited to keep going on
> with the feature focused process, but we will improve the schedule,
> and the reporting from the release team.
>
> And really, don't hesitate to pester us whenever you feel we are
> acting in a black box.

Thanks Fred. Sorry if my email came off harsh. I realize we've
shaken things up a bit, and we're still ironing out the kinks.
3.0 was the first time in a long time that our desktop help was
current and correct. I'm proud of the docs team for that, and I
want to make sure we don't fall back.

--
Shaun