Re: Confused about the release

On Thu, 2011-09-01 at 09:22 -0400, Shaun McCance wrote:

> > Documents will just be a preview release, it shows the direction,
> > nothing more, nothing less, I don't think it's worth including it in
> > the desktop help for 3.2. On the other hand the features provided by
> > Contacts and Sushi certainly have their place in the help.
>
> Thanks. We'll update the help accordingly.
>
> > Apart of those, other new help topics could be colour management,
>
> We already have 21 topics on color management, thanks to Richard.
>
> > onscreen keyboard, and support for tablets.
>
> Is there more information on what all "support for tablets" means?
> I suppose the onscreen keyboard is relevant for tablet users, as
> well as being an accessibility feature. What else?

Wacom graphics tablet. Which Peter Hutterer wrote, is currently working
on fixing with Jimmac's help.

As for the OSK, I don't think we'll have time to integrate this properly
for GNOME 3.2, unless Dan does magic soon. We already have a UI for
setting up the OSK, but things get very complicated if you want the old
caribou in fallback and the OSK when running in the shell.