Re: GNOME user survey 2011 (v5)

On Tue, 2011-09-06 at 23:38 +0300, Felipe Contreras wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here's the next version of the survey. Unfortunately, it seems this is
> not going to be blessed by GNOME, and questionpro.com only allows 10
> questions in the free version. I haven't found a better free online
> survey, and unless somebody offers hosting for this survey, it would
> have to be limited.

[snip]

> What about other kinds of bias? Would the survey be invalidated if we
> missed some group of people?

Please look up "non-response bias". It's been shown that, in some cases,
the group of respondents (and non-respondents) can be inherently biased.
It's reasonable to suspect that polarized opinions could affect people's
proclivity to respond.

You cannot even begin to deal with non-response bias unless you know the
non-response rate. And you have no idea what the non-response rate is if
you have an open-invitation survey on the Internet.

--
Shaun