Re: Feature Proposal: Accessibility on by default

On 04/25/2012 02:37 AM, Colin Walters wrote:
>> As the plugin does not do anything when no AT is loaded,
> OK; that seems to be a relatively recent change (from my admittedly
> distant perspective).  If that's true, and recently the primary cost of
> a11y has (at least in theory) been deferred to when an AT is loaded,
> then I'm totally in favor of this change.

This change was made the last year. It started with this commit [1],
that prevented to add event listeners if no AT is listening. This also
includes the creation of the accessible objects or the message
forwarding to DBUS. Additionally, one student was making some tests to
check if this leads to a real improvement of the performance/memory
consumption when accessibility is on but no accessibility technology is
listening [2]. This change was made the last year, tested and debugged
since then.

BR

[1]
http://git.gnome.org/browse/at-spi2-atk/commit/?id=d0f7dd49eebedc8c3993a116411f5a8320965968