Re: Design in the open

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 12:16 PM, Luca Ferretti <lferrett gnome org> wrote:
> 2012/4/25 Allan Day <allanpday gmail com>:

> From my point of view the main issue (at least perceived as issue) in
> current design->develop workflow is explanation.
>
> While our design/ux team is able to produce great ideas, frequently
> the only visible product of design work is a wiki page with poor info.
> Or, at least, poor compared with documents and info provided by
> others. You can compare, for instance, our document about proposed
> changes for unlock screen [1] or initial setup [2] with a similar
> document from Canonical about changes for multiple monitor stuff[3].

But in reality there is no such workflow where the design team
delivers a 'visible product' that is than taken by developers as-is
and converted into code. Design is a process that involves frequent
communication between the people who are doing the design and the
people who are writing the code. The wiki pages you cite are merely
notes that help you remember the most important points from those
discussions.  At least that is how all my interactions with the
designers have gone.