Re: Support both gstreamer 0.10 and 1.0 for GNOME 3.6?

On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 04:28:42PM +0200, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> >>- it might end up that some components rely on gstreamer 1.0 in GNOME
> >>3.6 and some 0.10, distributors might not want to ship,support 2
> >>gstreamer stacks though
> >In the GNOME core modules, there's Totem, sound-juicer, and Cheese, all
> >of which have been ported to GStreamer 1.0, the porting of small users
> >(Evolution's audio preview) and related (gnome-control-center using
> >libcheese). The only big user is Empathy, and that's the only blocker
> >really.
> >
> >In Fedora, we should have all the users on the live CD ported and
> >packaged up shortly after GUADEC.
> Great to see progresses here. Do you know what's the status of the
> rhythmbox port and when it's likely to land?
>
> There are a few ones I didn't see listed and that don't seem ported
> yet: shotwell (does it needs vala to get bindings for gstreamer 1
> first?), brasero, sushi, (libreoffice? seems to be in the gst0.10
> rdepends list on Ubuntu but I didn't check why)

What of that is on the Ubuntu cd?

I think in summary you say the following:
- Not tested yet by wide audience
  meaning: development versions of distros
- Don't want gstreamer 0.10 and 1.0 on one cd
  meaning: fine if some stuff still uses 0.10, as long as it is not on
  the cd. I don't see something like Sushi being a problem.
- Time might be a problem

--
Regards,
Olav