Re: Support both gstreamer 0.10 and 1.0 for GNOME 3.6?

Le 29/07/2012 04:58, Olav Vitters a écrit :
What of that is on the Ubuntu cd?
sushi is the only source listed there not on the Ubuntu CD

I think in summary you say the following:
- Not tested yet by wide audience
   meaning: development versions of distros
well, you can reverse the question, who tested it. Does it represent a small subset of a big one of the GNOME userbase?
- Don't want gstreamer 0.10 and 1.0 on one cd
   meaning: fine if some stuff still uses 0.10, as long as it is not on
   the cd. I don't see something like Sushi being a problem.
right, Ubuntu as a distributor doesn't want to have to ship and support two stacks of gstreamer packages on our default installation, it would probably be better for GNOME as well to use only one.

You forgot one "the availability of codecs distributors and users rely on" for gstreamer1

Sebastien Bacher