Re: Gnome 3 issues

>Why did you screw up gnome menus?
>I've
been using gnome since 2000, and it
>has been the best desktop
available until gnome 3
>came. I had a terrible car accident 31. Dets
2005,
>which caused me to spend 6 months in coma.
>That messed up my
hands and I can't use mouse.
>That is why I liked gnome 2, everything
could be done
>without mouse.
>And strange is ... why does
virtualbox have normal
>menus, but real PC has this big mouse
controlled
http://www.hot.ee/surma/Vbox_gnome3.jpg
>But real computers have this
crappy
menu:
>http://blog.fpmurphy.com/blog-images/gnome3cust1-40.png

Hi Surma !

GNOME shell can be navigated using only the keyboard.
Please, read https://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/CheatSheet to
to know how to use it.

I was using only the keyboard when I read this email, so
I know it can be used. I think shortcuts so some functions could

a good idea, but it is totally functional IMHO.

>Here's
an idea:
>Maake it so, under gonf-editor you can choose the layout of
the menu.
>-Surma

You don't need gconf to switch to the fallback mode. Go to

System Settings > Graphics > Forced fallback mode

Cheers,

    -- Juanjo Marin