Re: GNOME goal for 3.8: Python 3 -- impact for pygobject itself

On Mon, Nov 05, 2012 at 06:45:04AM -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 4:56 AM, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:
>

> > I prefer a jhbuild hack as it seems easier. Any distribution likely
> > already dealt with this.
>

> For Fedora, we have a python3-gobject package.
>
> I think what the goal page is missing is some advice on how to
> concretely do the porting.

Aren't the references enough?

> Is it enough to export PYTHON=/usr/bin/python3 and check that everything works ?

There is also a script to change v2 to v3. Then I assume run it and
done. There might be more involved when you're not using gobject
introspection.

> Should we replace python by python3 in shebang lines ?

Yes, that is recommended.

> I'm not much of a python persom myself, so I don't know the answers.

Note that there are also automatic statistics.

--
Regards,
Olav