Re: GCalctool renamed to GNOME Calculator

We should keep the desktop files so that they have the same name, hopefully. It's always been an internal UUID of sorts (we still have "epiphany", "file-roller", "baobab", etc.)

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 6:38 PM, Jeremy Bicha <jbicha ubuntu com> wrote:
On 13 November 2012 21:49, Robert Ancell <robert ancell gmail com> wrote:
> I have renamed the GCalctool project to "GNOME Calculator" with the first
> release being 3.7.1 (we can now follow the GNOME numbering). The git module
> is now gnome-calculator (please now update translations/documentation there)
> and bugzilla will soon be moved to gnome-calculator.

Hey, when we do renames like this, should we also add a Keywords entry
to the .desktop so that people that try to type in gcalc… still find
the calculator they are used to? A related Ubuntu bug is
http://pad.lv/1041665 .

Also, my wife has the calculator pinned to her dash so, I expect when
she upgrades that "favorite" will disappear. That's something for
distro packagers to do some gsettings/dconf magic to help migrate,
right?

Jeremy