Re: Dropping fallback mode in 3.8

> The decision is all nice and well. however this will force people that don't
> have the latest and greatest accelerated hardware to switch to something
> else. most PCs that are more that 2 years old are probably out of the game.

I am typing this from a five and a half years old Macbook running GNOME 3.4.
GNOME Shell runs just fine and has always been that way since I first installed
it when GNOME 3.0 came out. I have never used anything else on this laptop.

I used to try out the GNOME Shell snapshots during the pre-3.0 days on some
cheap Intel netbook that the university gave us. Never used it for too long,
but I recall that it ran reasonably well.

I have also ran GNOME 3.x with GNOME Shell on a 2nd hand Thinkpad x60 that I
have. Runs surprisingly well for such an old laptop.

Cheers,
Debarshi

--
There are two hard problems in computer science: cache invalidation, naming
things and off-by-one errors.