Re: Is File Roller 3.6.0 a broken version?

Em Sun, 2012-10-21 às 14:21 -0500, Ma Xiaojun escreveu:
> As I subscribed to file-roller bugs on Launchpad, I've noticed
> multiple crash report from Ubuntu 12.10 users.
> You know, Ubuntu 12.10 ships File Roller 3.6.0
> So, I wonder, is File Roller 3.6.0 known to be broken?
> I note that GNOME upstream already File Roller 3.6.1.1

It was broken, and as you've seen the new versions fixed it.

In the future, report those directly to Ubuntu, and tell them to update
their packages. There's nothing that the GNOME project can do here
otherwise that ship new releases. It's up to the packagers in Ubuntu to
actually do the updates.

I should note that they're particularly bad at shipping past the .0
releases, so you might need to prod them in that direction.

Cheers