Re: Is File Roller 3.6.0 a broken version?

Le 21/10/2012 22:01, Bastien Nocera a écrit :
I should note that they're particularly bad at shipping past the .0
releases, so you might need to prod them in that direction.
Hey,

That statement is not really accurate, while we had some issues in the past Ubuntu (I'm sure we can find some updates missing at some points in any distribution), we does most of the updates to .1, .2 etc, especially in LTS cycles. Our schedule doesn't align so nicely with the GNOME one recently and .1 comes out during our release freeze so we have to ship it as updates rather than as part of the release though

For the record on that file-roller update:

- we reported several of the issues mentioned upstream

- we backported a number of the fixes for those issues in our package before upstream rolled new tarballs
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/file-roller/3.6.0-0ubuntu2
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/file-roller/3.6.0-0ubuntu3

- file-roller 3.6.1.1 was uploaded to quantal updates before Bastien wrote that email stating that we don't do updates:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/file-roller/+bug/1069443

Cheers,
Sebastien Bacher