Re: make --silent

On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 8:35 PM, Lanoxx <lanoxx gmx net> wrote:

> can you give me a concrete example of some output where the silent switch is
> actually problematic? For every occasion where I have used it so far, it
> only removed lines which look like
>
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/user/Documents/Code/tilda'

Removing these lines make Emacs compile mode unable to "jump" to the
source line mentioned in the warning or error message.  Filenames in
compiler output are relative.  Therefore, you need to know what
directory was "current" at the compiler invocation time.

The same true for any IDE that parses make(1) output.

--
Andrew W. Nosenko <andrew w nosenko gmail com>