Re: libRSVG development

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 9:58 AM, Eduard Braun <Eduard Braun2 gmx de> wrote:
I've got a question regarding libRSVG: Is it still actively developed by someone? Or only maintained rudimentary?

Background of the question is that libRSVG is known to have some severe rendering errors, many of them already reported in Bugzilla (https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=__open__&product=librsvg). However there was no commit to the libRSVG repository (https://git.gnome.org/browse/librsvg/) that would have changed rendering in any way for over a year now.

I have the general impression that librsvg is no longer under active development. We use it for rasterizing SVGs to PNGs on Wikipedia, so we too have a collection of bug reports about rendering errors over on bugzilla.wikimedia.org...

If it's no longer being actively worked on, is there an alternative recommended within the GNOME ecosystem?

-- brion