Re: libRSVG development

hi Brion,

On Tue, 2013-04-02 at 10:54 -0700, Brion Vibber wrote:
On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 9:58 AM, Eduard Braun <Eduard Braun2 gmx de>
wrote:
        I've got a question regarding libRSVG: Is it still actively
        developed by someone? Or only maintained rudimentary?

I have the general impression that librsvg is no longer under active
development. We use it for rasterizing SVGs to PNGs on Wikipedia, so
we too have a collection of bug reports about rendering errors over on
bugzilla.wikimedia.org...

Many projects are neither extremely active nor completely unmaintained.
(In case of librsvg, maintainers did some hacking seven months ago.)

It might be worth to contact maintainers explicitly (see
https://git.gnome.org/browse/librsvg/tree/librsvg.doap ) and kindly ask
for review of specific patches (overview of unreviewed patches at
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=librsvg ), or to issue a
call for new blood (or invite active patch writers to co-maintainership)
if there is no interest in maintainership anymore.

I'm not aware of any alternative recommended within GNOME currently.

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/