Re: libRSVG development

Hi,

Le mardi 02 avril 2013 à 21:04 +0200, Andre Klapper a écrit :
Many projects are neither extremely active nor completely unmaintained.
(In case of librsvg, maintainers did some hacking seven months ago.)

It might be worth to contact maintainers explicitly (see
https://git.gnome.org/browse/librsvg/tree/librsvg.doap ) and kindly ask
for review of specific patches (overview of unreviewed patches at
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=librsvg ), or to issue a
call for new blood (or invite active patch writers to co-maintainership)
if there is no interest in maintainership anymore.

I'm not aware of any alternative recommended within GNOME currently.

I can't say it is much more active or maintained, but I would suggest to
look at lasem, a library I'm working on for several years now.

Compared to librsvg, support for filters is a bit behind, there's no CSS
styling capability, and text rendering is even worse than librsvg.

But it has a DOM like API, is quite fast, and has a large test suite.

Plus it also can render mathml equations.

More informations here:

https://blogs.gnome.org/emmanuel/category/lasem/
https://git.gnome.org/browse/lasem/

Cheers,