Re: Feature proposal: combined system status menu

On Mon, 2013-04-22 at 14:36 +0100, Allan Day wrote:
Hi all,

This is something that me, Jon and Jakub have been thinking about for
some time, and is now at the stage where we can start to think about
implementation. I'm proposing it as a feature for 3.10 [1].

The main element of the design is to combine the sound, network,
bluetooth, power and user menus into a single menu. This will enable

Just as a note, this does remove one feature I kind of like, which is
the ability to change the volume by scrolling on the volume icon. I know
it's minor, but I've found it useful.

On the other hand, I tend to use the Advanced Volume Mixer extension[1],
anyway. I don't know if it's just me, but I think some of that stuff
could be useful in the default sound menu as well (such as per-stream
volume/mute control).

Cheers,
Arun

[1] https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/212/advanced-volume-mixer/