Re: New GnomeGoal proposal: InstalledTests

On Fri, 2013-04-26 at 14:44 +0100, Patrick Welche wrote:
On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 10:21:47AM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
https://live.gnome.org/GnomeGoals/InstalledTests

I'm not entirely sure what sort of tests your framework is designed
to contain...

Most of what currently lives as "make check" in the git repositories;
see my earlier mail for the characteristics.

Have you seen Brian Nitz's work on GNOME accessibility tests that
can be automatically run from a tinderbox?

Just read the PDF; it's interesting and useful.  a11y based tests make a
lot of sense.  I know apps like pitivi already include their own
a11y-based automated tests; it would make sense to me for the apps to
contain their own tests, since that would allow them to adapt to their
own UI changes rather than having to keep two repositories in sync.

Applications and components could then reuse the proposed installed
tests spec to describe these tests, and they could then be easily
automated.